WWE House Show Edition!
Alright so here we go. I just want to inform you all that I have had a few adult beverages before writing this so it may affect what I say but it may not so here we go:
Well my day began as any other Saturday with a trip to the gym where I picked things up and put them down for a couple hours the I came home. What the loyal bWf readers don’t want to hear about your whole day, damn but it was so exciting. Well I go with the good parts.
1pm est. I decided that since there was a Santino Marella appearance that I was going to go. Now my original plan was to be there at 1 but I felt that if I got there then I would look stupid and be the first in line. The appearance was from 2-4. I got there at around 1:20pm est and boy was I surprised. Now when I met Santino back in 2008 there was between 50-75 people there. Well when I got there today there was almost double that and we had 40 minutes to go before the signing started. I blame this to the fact that this appearance was heavily promoted whereas the first one was not. Well after 90 minutes of waiting and getting my ginger tan (that’s a sunburn if you didn’t know) I finally got to meet him again. I didn’t get a pic with him because by that time they were trying to rush people out because so many people showed up. I did get to talk to him briefly though, it went like this:
Me: Hi I’m John. (for those who don’t know that’s my real name)
Santino: Like John Cena
Me: No…. I mean yeah like John Cena.
We shake hands and I leave. It was cool to see him though. He was in full character the whole time.
6:30pm est: I get to the arena and to our seats. Here in the arena there are no bad seats and even though we were in the nosebleed section, we had a great view of the ring, it just wasn’t great for pictures.
7:30pm est: Showtime! Here’s a rundown of the card:
- Brodus Clay def. JTG- Hornswoggle was with Clay and JTG is still employed by WWE for another week.
- Zack Ryder def. an no name guy that will probably appear on Smackdown soon- Ryder won by DQ here. after the match Dolph Ziggler came out and attacked Ryder and taunted the crowd.
- Lalya def Beth Phoenix to retain the Divas title- I didn’t watch this match since I went with my buddy and his son to the merchandise area.
- Santino Marella def Miz and Jack Swagger to retain the US Title- WHAT? Miz was advertised to face John Cena well I guess “card subject to change” applies here since Cena is “injured. Good match.
- Epico & Primo def. R-Truth & Kofi Kingston to become the new tag team champions, well that’s until another referee came out and pointed that Kofi had his foot on the ropes resulting in a restart of the match in which R-Truth and Kofi Kingston were victorious. Another good match.
- At this point we had our intermission. We also had Dolph Ziggler come out and announce that Mason Ryan was his enforcer, what that means I don’t know.
- Lord Tensai def. Tyson Kidd- It was what it was. There were Albert chants, that’s about it.
- John Cena def. Dolph Ziggler- Good match. Ryan was with Ziggler. The “Let’s Go Cena” chants outweighed the “Cena Sucks” chants big time.
- CM Punk def Chris Jericho to retain the WWE title- Match of the night. Great match. Jericho not only insulted the crowd not once but twice and even during the match.
Overall a wait this was a show like the last time where I was with children who were at a live WWE even for the first time so it really doesn;t matter my opinion it’s theirs and they has a good time and that’s all that mattered.
Alright that’s all I’ve got for now thanks again for reading and see you all next time.